Are you looking for a support ticket system to assist you and your organization to better manage how you offer support? If yes, then this article is for you. There is an open source support ticket system known as osTicket if you have never heard of it.
OsTicket.com describes osTicket as a widely-used and trusted open source support ticket system. It seamlessly routes inquiries created via email, web-forms and phone calls into a simple, easy-to-use, multi-user, web-based customer support platform. osTicket comes packed with more features and tools than most of the expensive (and complex) support ticket systems on the market. The best part is, it’s completely free.
The osTicket has a lot of benefits including:
- It is free
- It is always updated
- It is easy to use
- Has a documentation on how to install it.
- It has a forum where one can seek support. One can be able to view discussion and categories on osTicket forums.
- API for custom ticket integration
The osTicket has a lot of features that include:
- Customize the data collected from users when submitting a ticket to help get straight to the issue.
- Rich text or HTML email, is supported and allows for rich text markup in staff replies and internal notes posted to the ticket thread.
- Define rules to route incoming tickets to the right departments or staff members, and action triggers.
- Configurable help topics for web tickets. Route inquiries without exposing internal departments or priorities.
- Ticket locking mechanism to allow staff to lock tickets during response and avoid conflicting or dual responses.
- Transfer tickets between departments to make sure it’s being handled by the correct staff. Assign tickets to a staff or to a team.
- Configurable automatic reply sent out when a new ticket is opened or a message is received.
- Add internal notes to tickets for staff. Activity logs let you see events or actions that have been taken, when they took place, and by whom.
- Service Level Agreements Plans allow you to track tickets and due dates without the hassle.
- All support requests and responses are archived online. User can login using email and ticket ID.
- No user account or registration required to submit a ticket.
- Get system overview and basic historical statistics on tickets count and status per department, staff and help topics.
More of this and the demo can found on this link osticket.com